purchase antabuse Spring comes with beautiful, fresh produce – the perfect time to create a bright salad you can enjoy as a side, or an entire meal by adding protein.
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shaved radishes (cherry belle, watermelon, or a combination of both as shown)
- 1 1/2 cups radish greens, roughly chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 1/2 cups snow peas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chili pepper (optional)
- 4 ounces Japanese curly noodles (chucka soba), crumbled
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Place asparagus spears in pan and add enough water to completely cover. Bring to a simmer and cook, covered, 3 to 5 minutes, until crisp-tender. Transfer asparagus to a bowl of ice water. Drain and cut into thirds. Set aside.
- Place cabbage, radish, radish greens, red onion, and snow peas in a large bowl. Toss to combine. In a separate bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, honey, vinegar, salt, black pepper, fennel seed, and chili pepper. Stir with a whisk. Add dressing, asparagus, and crumbled noodles to salad. Toss to combine.
Recipe Courtesy of: CookingLight.com